Getting Flash to work with Firefox on OpenSolaris was fairly simple.
NOTE – this installs the plugin for all users.
- First, download the Flash plugin package from Adobe – Adobe Flash Player.
- I prefer to unzip anything I’m about to install to /usr/src
- Unpack the plugin
sudo tar zxvf /path/to/flash_player_10_solaris_x86.tar.bz2
- Find the Firefox plugins directory
find / -name plugins
- Copy the Flash library to that directory
sudo cp flash_player_10_solaris_r45_2_x86/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/
- Restart Firefox, and verify that Flash works.