I decided to find out what all the Angry Birds fuss was about, and installed it on my first-gen iPad today.
It sure isn’t very exciting without any sound! So after a bit of Googling and reading some tips like this, I discovered that since I had changed the side-switch from Mute to Lock Rotation, and I had locked the rotation when the game was installed, the game defaulted to thinking that the iPad was muted.
- Close Angry Birds
- Go into Settings, set Side Switch to Mute
- Mute, then un-Mute the iPad
- Set back to Lock Rotation
- Re-launch Angry Birds, hear sound
- Enjoy the sounds of squawking birds and desperate pigs.